Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bacon Crisp

Bacon. This is the main reason why I'm having trouble becoming a vegetarian. But, I only have some once in a while.

I made these tasty little morsels yesterday as an afternoon snack. I got the recipe from an old blog post of Ms. Janis Snell of Navy Bean. Instead of using Ritz Simply Socials, I used Fita biscuits.
























           
         
I just wrapped a slice of bacon with each biscuit, sprinkled grated parmesan cheese and baked them for 2 hours for 250 degrees F. You need to bake them long enough for the grease to dry up.












































































     Like the Tofu Stir-fry I made, these Bacon Crisps were gone in a flash.

This recipe is great for parties especially during cocktail hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...