Saturday, March 15, 2014

Myeongdong...

Two more weeks till our next travel adventure, I'm so excited! But first, I would like to share photos that have long been overdue in posting. This is part of our Seoul trip last November: a day spent in Seoul's primary shopping district named Myeongdong. Mike and I don't do a lot of shopping during overseas trips (except in Hong Kong and the United States) unless we find an excellent deal or something distinct. 

The first thing I saw when we arrived  in Myeongdong was the humongous shop of Nature Republic. It was literally shouting in front of my face. Lol. But we didn't go inside, our first stop was a Nike store. 



Checking out stuff here is like shopping in SM Mall of Asia except that some brands are not yet present in Manila. My co-workers gave me a list of their makeup requests from Etude House. This brand have several branches in Manila but it is way cheaper here. After getting all their "bilins" and procuring some "pasalubong" for family and friends, we stopped for a hearty lunch at a resto which I couldn't even read the name since it is written in Korean. Our decision to eat there was based on the photos and the prices displayed outside.




We explored Lotte Department Store floor by floor and I ended up taking photos of my favorite KPOP girl group, Girls Generation on the topmost floor. Ooops, I forgot to take a photo of Yuri. I'm so sorry! Anyway, among the nine girls, my favorite is Hyoyeon also known as the dancing queen.


WiFi is everywhere in Seoul so I kept getting messages in Viber from my best friend. She said that I should try Angel in Us Coffee. Their coffee is OK but I still prefer my brand. If you've been following my blog, you know what it is. *wink* Even if it was very cold outside, I still ordered cold coffee.


Even their takeout coffee cups have collaborations with either local, Japanese or European designers.


This is Myeongdong at 10 PM on a cold winter night.


CBTL! 


Then we chose to have Japanese dinner that night. Again, I couldn't read the resto's name since it is in Korean. But everything was delicious.


So, that's it for a day in Myeongdong. I'm looking forward to explore more of Seoul this year, this time with my girlfriends. =)

Photos taken using iPhone5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...