Monday, January 13, 2014

Follow Your Heart


I'm passionate about so many things in life. The first few ones that make it on the top of my list are:
  1. Travel
  2. Food
  3. Yoga
  4. Protecting the Environment
  5. Educate / Promote Awareness on subjects that will help people improve their quality of life.

Sometimes, I day dream: Wouldn't it be nicer to actually have a job that will engage our very own passions? Personally, I'd love to have Anthony Bourdain's job, work for the Travel and Living Channel or run my own hostel for travelers while teaching yoga on the side.

Although this may not be the circumstance for now, my interests keeps me motivated to work hard and to always give my best shot. I have been fortunate enough to listen to one of Chris Chan's talks. He is the Founder and Executive Coach of PPP Academy. My key takeaway from his speech: "It helps to know your purpose in what you do, it will carry you through."

So how does one exactly find his passion? Think of that one thing or a few things for that matter that makes you feel alive. Look for that exact reason that will keep you bubbling with excitement when you wake up in the morning. I know it is not that easy but just follow your heart.

Do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow. =)

Wishing everyone the best for 2014!

Image from Style Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...