Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Sweet Spot Bakery and Cafe

Driving by the infamous "Eat" street named Maginhawa on a rainy Saturday night in search for a new cold coffee experience, I found myself in front of The Sweet Spot's doors.


As I walked inside the well-lit cafe, I immediately noticed the artsy interiors, the comfortable furnishings and the ambient feel of the playlist which contributed to the whole cozy atmosphere. I was taken by the beautiful wall art. I have a thing for chalkboard walls and drawings. They also have a mini library. Being a bookworm myself, I really liked the idea.







The cafe's owners/chefs are warm, accommodating and very hands-on. Their best seller for their coffee iced-blendeds is Banana Nutella, but my craving was leaning towards the more chocolaty side so I ordered their Mudslide instead. It was delicious. It wasn't too sweet. I have died and went to chocolate heaven! I have been loyally drinking ice-blended coffee since 1997 and my taste buds can truly recognize a good one.


By the way, if you're a coffee enthusiast like my husband, here's a fun fact about The Sweet Spot's coffee; some of their coffee beans came from the province of Benguet and they also have a special blend which is a fusion of Ethiopian and Brazilian coffee beans. 


My other observations:

-  It's a nice and clean cafe with a laid back vibe where I can hangout and just chill, study or write on my blog.

- Their prices are reasonable. For me, I don't mind spending money on drinks/food as long as the price meets/exceeds my taste expectations and the rest of my dining experience.

- Excellent service! (This is my non-negotiable)

On my next visit, I'd like to try the Kung Pao Chicken and Chocolate Salted Caramel for dessert. 


I like to support local businesses.This is such a deliciously sweet discovery. Maginhawa Street has recently sprouted good places to eat which is an advantage for me since I just live nearby. 

The Sweet Spot Bakery and Cafe
G/F 186 Maginhawa Street cor Makadios Street Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Open 10am - 11pm Daily

Images taken using iPhone5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...