Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Homemade Garlic Sauce

This is my first attempt to make garlic sauce. As a garlic lover, I must learn to perfect this craft. This sauce is versatile it can go well with different kinds of dishes or it can be used as a dip, dressing or even as a spread. My favorite garlic sauce versions are the ones from The Halal Guys (overseas) and Behrouz Persian Cuisine (local).


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt for a healthier option
  • 1/2 cup all purpose cream
  • 3 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of pepper and salt
  • 1 tsp calamansi or lemon juice
  • chives (optional) 

Just mix everything together until all the ingredients are well-blended.


Voila! Our finished product. 


I used this batch for a minced meat dish I prepared for the husband. It was perfect!

Photos taken using iPhone5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...