Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Perfect Panini

These two bags the number one and number two spots in my list interchangeably:

Cibo's Verdure Tartufate. 

Asparagus, Zucchini, Fontina, Mushroom, Truffle Paste on Tuscan Whole Wheat. This panini goes well with Cibo's homemade potato chips, their maionese and limone (lemon iced tea with mint leaves). Whenever our family dines at Cibo, I always order this or their penne al telefono. 

Starbucks' Roasted Chicken Pesto and Shiitake Mushroom on Flat Bread. 

I order this often because there is always an available Starbucks branch lurking around the corner and mostly they're open until dawn or operate on a 24-hour basis. I tried re-creating this. It was good, but of course the one being sold in Starbucks Coffee is way better.

I'm not a vegetarian/vegan but I try my best to choose what I eat. As much as possible but still guilty with it, I avoid fast food chains. I try my best to purchase certified organic ingredients when I can. I'm even planning to grow my own herb garden probably when we move out to a new place.

Of course, sometimes it could get a little more expensive however, eating healthy should be a priority. Also, based on my experience, the best way not to spend a lot on gourmet food is to re-create it yourself at home. It's a trial and error thing but it certainly works. You get to learn a lot too!

How about you? I'd love to know what's your favorite panini too! Spill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...