Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beef with Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir Fry

These past two months I've been busy with my new career, domesticity, family time and errands. Time has been flying by so fast, it's such a giant hazy blur. Anyway, I wanted to share another quick recipe that leaves a yummy impression in your tastes buds!

My husband likes beef dishes and I am still in the process of training him to eat more vegetables. This dish certainly hits two birds in one stone. This is just a variation of the classic Beef with Broccoli recipe but I added baby corns. 


Ingredients:

Marinade:
  • 1/4 kg sirloin 
  • 2 Tbsps soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsps water
  • 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
  • pepper
  • 2 Tbsps vegetable oil (for frying)
Sauce:
  • 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 1 small onion minced
  • 2 Tbsps soy sauce 
  • 3 Tbsps oyster sauce
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp water
  • salt
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of broccoli (wash and drained)
  • 1/2 cup of baby corn 
Directions:
  1. Cut the beef into thin slices and combine the rest of the ingredients for the marinade. Marinate the beef for 30 minutes.
  2. With medium heat, saute the some of  the garlic and onion and fry the slices of beef for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
  3. Add the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the wok or frying pan saute the remaining garlic and onion then add the broccoli and baby corn. Sprinkle salt and sugar over these vegetables then combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir fry everything until the vegetables are cooked. About 5 minutes.
  4. Return the beef slices to the pan. Cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
  5. Serve over hot rice.
Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This recipe is very fantastic! I really like the combination of broccoli and baby corn. I'm sure my mother would love to cook this. I will show this to her. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Stir Fry Recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Karl. Thanks you for the kind words. I hope your family will enjoy this dish!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...