Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kung Pao Chicken

I'm sharing one of my favorite chicken recipes today. It's quick, tasty and bursting with flavor. It originated from the Szechuan province of China. Thanks to Asian Home Gourmet for making it a lot easier for me to prepare this. My love affair with this dish began when I first ordered California Pizza Kitchen's kung pao spaghetti.

Ingredients:
  • 3 pieces chicken breast fillets cut into bite size pieces
  • vegetable oil
  • cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
  • 1 packet of Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste



Directions:
  • Slice the chicken breast fillet into bite size pieces (I used the one without skin, better if free-range)
  • Coat each bite size piece with cornstarch
  • Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet on medium heat
  • Stir fry the chicken pieces for 5-7 minutes
  • Combine the Asian Home Gourmet Spice Paste in to the chicken pieces 
  • Add the cashew nuts
  • Serve over hot rice



















































You have the option to add green onions and garlic but I didn't because I'm already using a ready-made spice paste and may alter the flavor. I will try making this recipe next time from scratch. However, this one didn't disappoint. It disappeared in a flash!

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...