Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pesto Pan De Sal

Do you like pesto? I do. I like how the flavors of fresh italian basil, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan cheese blend together in the palate. It's perfect for pastas and sandwiches.

I haven't gotten the chance to make one from scratch but the one I use is a trusted brand.


I used pesto with our local pan de sal earlier today when I was making breakfast. This bread is a staple at home and to other Filipino households. I bought these whole wheat babies at a local bakery here in Manila called The French Baker.

I split the pan de sal in half, flattened each piece, spread pesto all over them, added some chopped tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese and baked them for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F.

It's delicious, healthy and very easy to make. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...