Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baked Zucchini Chips

I am starting to be more mindful of what I eat. Thanks to yoga which has become part of my life for almost 7 months now. It's about time to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm not getting any younger plus one side of my family has a history of diabetes and hypertension.

I'm doing my best to have more servings of vegetables and lessen my red meat intake. So, one day while I was having a "bad chip" craving, I decided to make zucchini chips instead. 


























Ingredients:
  • 1 medium-sized zucchini (better if organic) 
  • 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
  • 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Note:
Since this was a test batch, I only used 1 zucchini. I have saved the other one if ever I get an emergency craving. ;)

















































































Directions:
  • Slice the zucchini into not too thin but not too thick pieces
  • Brush or Dip in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Roll in Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Brush the baking tray with oil or use a parchment paper sprayed with a little cooking spray if available
  • Baked each side of the chip for 5-7 minutes under 450 degrees Farenheit
  • Season with a dash of pepper before serving



















































It's very tasty and extremely satisfying! It's a healthier alternative to potato chips.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...