Friday, February 1, 2013

YogaWorks Teacher Training

I've been frequenting "The Fort" area lately. Despite numerous errands, I was able to make time and visit Urban Ashram Manila.  It's a yoga studio that opened last year in Bonifacio High Street. It's their second branch. Their first one is located in Brixton.

I was greeted with a smile by the receptionist. I forgot her name (Ooops!), but she was very friendly, informative and helpful. She gave me a tour of the studio. I loved the major colors used! Purple, gray and apple green to be specific. Those were the exact colors of my old bedroom in the home where I grew up. Both of their studios were designed by Kenneth Cobonpue.

I also noticed how they make a conscious effort in preserving our environment by using recycled bottles for their organic shampoo/body wash and having high ceilings, skylights, windows to allow natural lighting hence minimizing energy consumption

After inquiring about the classes offered in Urban Ashram High Street branch, she handed me a flyer and this booklet:


So, is this a sign?

To undergo Yoga Teacher Training is one of my ultimate goals. I've only been practicing Vinyasa Flow Yoga for 6 months and I don't think I'm ready yet, physically and mentally, so to speak. I'm giving myself another 6 months of practice before I start taking the journey to "teacherhood".

Urban Ashram Manila is currently offering a 200-Hour YogaWorks Teacher Training which is a Yoga Alliance Registered Program on February 25 - March 22, 2013. It is a foundational training for aspiring teachers and serious students. The trainer will be James Brown. He is currently the Director for Yoga Content of YogaWorks. It would be of great privilege to train with him.

Urban Ashram Manila
3rd Floor, Active Fun Building, 9th corner 28th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City
+63 2 869YOGA / +63 917 718 YOGA
highstreet@urbanashrammanila.com

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...