Monday, January 7, 2013

Slightly Epicurean's Guide to Goal Setting

As the holidays come to an end, plus it's a brand new year, now is the perfect time to start setting goals. (Note: The holidays officially ended here in Manila after the Feast of the Epiphany yesterday)

I love the first month of every year, it depicts a new beginning, a fresh start.


Goal setting is a powerful way to work and motivate yourself in turning your vision into reality. 

The inspiring words above from Lululemon is my favorite among their other love notes. It is a nice little reminder to keep ourselves focused with our set goals. It is also a good idea to have a vision board to also remind us of what we are striving for. I am a firm believer of the law of attraction with a lot of prayers on the side.

Slightly Epicurean's Guide to Goal Setting:
  • Think about what you really want.
  • It is imperative to establish goals that are SMART. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound).  
  • Surround yourself with positive people that will support you in attaining those goals.
  • Track your goals to check what have you accomplished so far.
  • Keep in mind that "Consistency is the Key".

I would like to share some of my short-term goals for 2013:
  • Spend more time with my side of the family every other weekend as long as everybody's schedule permits it. LOVE = TIME
  • Maintain a clean and well-organized bedroom regularly. (e.g. created schedules for laundry, change of sheets, general cleaning etc.)
  • Minimize cold-coffee/milk tea consumption to once a week except if a life and death situation calls for it. 
  • Seize every opportunity to RUN and practice Yoga
  • Utilize every page of my Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf 2013 Giving Journal
  • Read at least one (1) book per month
  • Patronize and advocate earth-friendly and if possible local Philippine-made products. (just bought Human Nature and am currently using Bliss Spa Products which are paraben-free)
  • Prepare for a spanking new career (I really can't elaborate much on this one but I can assure you this is one of the most important SMART goals I listed while I am still waiting for the bigger one which is currently in progress) :)
It's 2013 and the future is so bright I need to wear shades!

{Image via Lululemon}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...