Monday, January 21, 2013

Letters to Cleo

I love listening to this 90s alternative rock band: Letters to Cleo. There's something about Kay Hanley's voice that soothes me especially when I feel like immersing myself in waves of nostalgia.

I first saw and heard them in 10 Things I Hate About You. One of the movies I will never ever get tired of watching (I watched it again over the weekend). 

Earlier today, I used the other end of a floor mop as a microphone singing the songs of Letters to Cleo in their Aurora Gory Alice album and their remake of Nick Lowe's Cruel to be Kind.

Letters to Cleo
It's going to take a little while before this last song syndrome dies. LOL.


Oh, I can't take another heartache
Though you say, you're my friendI'm at my wits endYou say, your love is bona fide

But that don't coincideWith the things that you're doingWhen I ask you to be niceYou say, you gotta be

Cruel to be kind in the right measureCruel to be kind it's a very good signCruel to be kind means that I love youBaby, you gotta be cruel to be kind
Well, I do my best to understand dearBut you still mystify and I wanna know whyI pick myself up off the groundTo have you knock me back down


Again and againAnd when I ask you to explainYou say, you gotta be

Cruel to be kind in the right measureCruel to be kind it's a very good signCruel to be kind means that I love youBaby, you gotta be cruel to be kind(You gotta be cruel)

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

Well, I do my best to understand dearBut you still mystify and I wanna know whyI pick myself up off the groundTo have you knock me back down
Again and againAnd when I ask you to explainYou say you gotta be

Cruel to be kind in the right measureCruel to be kind it's a very good signCruel to be kind means that I love youBaby, you gotta be cruel to be kind(You gotta be cruel)

Cruel to be kind in the right measure(Cruel to be kind)Cruel to be kind it's a very, very, very good sign(Cruel to be kind)Cruel to be kind means that I love youBaby, you gotta be cruel to be kind

It's just one of them days I feel like singing while doing some household chores. It makes them a lot more fun, don't you think?

Happy First Day of the Week!

{Image from RadioMilwaukee, Video from YouTube}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...