Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Calamansi Chicken

This is my take on  the classic recipe, Lemon Chicken. I'm using calamansi instead of lemon. Calamansi is a citrus fruit that is native here in the Philippines. It's primarily used as seasoning in marinades and sauces or as a hot/cold beverage. It is best mixed with fish sauce (patis) or soy sauce (toyo) with chili.

My beloved Calamansi!
 I like main dishes with a kick of citrus flavoring. I'm really amazed how this dish turned out.

Ingredients:
  • 4 pcs chicken breast fillets without skin (I'm trying my best to prepare healthy meals but you may still opt for the chicken fillets with skin depending on your taste preference)
  • 3 cloves garlic (minced)
  • calamansi juice (squeezed from 6 pcs calamansi fruit)
  • 2 tbsps paprika
  • 1 tbsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • a dash of rosemary (I used McCormick's)
  • 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
  • 2 tbsps melted butter
Directions:
  1. Combine the garlic, calamansi juice, paprika, pepper salt, rosemary and Tabasco sauce in a bowl. Place the chicken pieces, refrigerate and marinate for at least two hours. 
  2.  Preheat the oven to 425 F
  3. Brush the melted butter over the chicken
  4. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until sides are well-browned
Workin' it!
while baking...

























This is one of the dishes that's fast, fresh and simple to prepare.

Lunch is now served!
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...