Thursday, August 23, 2012

Welcome to Atlanta

Atlanta, the capital city of Georgia is a beautiful, modern city with a rich passionate history. I like to call it the Land of Coca-Cola, which has been a staple beverage of my family since my growing up years even until today.     

Here are some highlights of our recent trip to Atlanta. We stayed at my sister's and brother-in-law's place for three weeks. We were dining out almost everyday but since I am on vacay, I didn't care if I added on a few extra pounds.

One of my favorite places in Atlanta is the Atlantic Station. The local folks say that it is Atlanta's antidote to urban sprawl and long commutes. 

Atlantic Station's Parking Area
Regal Cinemas at Atlantic Station
This part of the Atlantic Station reminds me of Bonifacio High Street
Rosa Mexicano serves the best guacamole ever!
Took Mama for a post Mother's day shopping
Another hobby of mine when traveling is exploring the local grocery stores. The top three super markets on my list are the following: Publix, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.


and somehow, I got introduced to Blue Bell's Moollennium Crunch.

This ice cream brand and flavor is my absolute favorite
My sister also took me to her favorite bakery: Corner Bakery. Their coffee and sandwiches are sooo good!

This Corner Bakery branch is at Lenox Square Mall.
The hubby choosing his brew for the day. The choices include: Baker's Blend (Aromatic and Slightly Sweet), Sumatra Decaf (Earthy, Fragrant and Well-Rounded), Cafe Europa (Rich and Sophisticated) and Hazelnut Cream (Creamy and Sweet). 

And then, there was one time we had dinner at Marietta Diner. This family restaurant was featured on Food Network.

So far, this restaurant has the largest serving portions based on my experience.
We also went to North Georgia Premium Outlets' on Memorial Day.

The sister of Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets
The result of Memorial Day's festivities. LOL.
Bless me father for I have sinned, I just can't resist the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory
As far as I know, my mother-in-law has the greenest thumb in the whole universe. I recommend a visit to her garden at her home sometime. Anyway, since she came with us to Atlanta, we took her to see the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It was like her own form of Disneyland. It was nice to see her all smiles the whole day.


Me with the Hydrangeas
Dinner at Fogo De Chao

While my sister was away for three days for a business trip in Manila, my brother-in-law took us to Alon's Bakery and Market. Alon's won the Best of Atlanta awards consecutively since 1992. It is a European style bakery and market featuring artisan breads, desserts, pastries, Chocolates, sandwiches, salads, artisan cheeses, prepared food, and catering. I promise to blog about Alon's Bakery and Market more in my next posts complete with photos. =)

We also got invited to a party at a family friend's house in Mableton, GA. We stopped by CamiCakes to buy cupcakes for the host and guests.

This photo was taken at 8 PM and the sun was still up!
The houses at Mableton
My sister's favorite place for cupcakes.
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Of course, our visit to Atlanta won't be complete without checking out World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium, eating at Mary Mac's Tea Room and enjoying the view of Atlanta's infamous King and Queen Buildings.

World of Coca-Cola at Pemberton Place

The world's largest aquarium.
Richard Gere dines here when he is in Atlanta. Their fried green tomatoes are to die for!
The King and Queen Buildings of Atlanta also known as the Concourse Corporate Center V and VI.
Atlanta, I'll be back soonish!

XOXO


{Image 1: WhatNowAtlanta, The rest of the Images are from Slightly Epicurean}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...