Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Om Sweet Om

Yoga has become a regular habit since I started to practice mid-March this year. So far, it has been the perfect antidote to the demands of life from my previous career and the stress levels it brought. I began to practice Vinyasa Flow Yoga at a studio near my office but when I left the company, I had to look for a yoga studio close to home.

As I started the hunt for a new yoga studio, I have placed proximity as the most important factor to consider in my list. Proximity is really a priority when you live in a congested and traffic-induced city like Manila. Some of the other things to consider is the style (what type of yoga does the studio offer?), class schedule (if you prefer to practice in the morning, noon or night), teachers, community and studio environment.

Fortunately, a new yoga studio opened its doors in Katipunan Avenue and has welcomed me with open arms. This is where I get my almost daily dose of OM. Meet White Space Wellness, my new home away from home.



The reception area

























The stones exude a natural calming effect
Complimentary tea anyone?
I just love how the studio is so spic-and-span.
White Space Wellness have three spacious studios named Serenity, Vitality and Harmony. The photo shown above is Serenity which is my absolute favorite room for practicing yoga.  It reminds me of the Serenity Prayer: "God, grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference".  I also love the view from the window.  =)
White Space Wellness provides yoga mats and props for everyone, all you need to bring is a water bottle and a towel. The photo shown above is Harmony.
The shower rooms are immaculate, spacious, equipped with lockers and well-stocked with toiletries. 
What I love most about White Space is the methodology used in teaching, the weekly themes (last week it was grounding of the feet and this week its hip openers), student-teacher ratio and the little sharing that happens after practice. White Space Wellness offers other classes that harmonizes the body, mind and spirit like Tai Chi, Reiki, Pilates, Meditation etc. 

6F Regis Center
327 Katipunan Ave Loyola Heights 1108, Quezon City, Philippines
Tel: +632 577-0345
Mobile: +63 917 577-0345
Email: info@whitespacewellness.com 

By the way, it is flooded all over the Metro since it has been raining for days. I am hoping for everyone's safety and well-being.

Namaste!

{images by Jonas Asistio for White Space Wellness}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...