Friday, August 10, 2012

Beef Salpicao

Earlier today I got a call from one of my bestest friends asking me to cook Beef Salpicao for her parents' wedding anniversary. She said she doesn't have the time to cook anymore because she will be attending a seminar at work for the whole day.

So, how can I say NO to a good friend who's been like a sister to me? Besides, I do have time to spare. So, I decided to attend the evening yoga class instead of the afternoon class and headed straight to the grocery store.

Beef Salpicao is a Filipino Dish similar to garlic steak but the meat is cut into smaller cubes. This dish is composed of lots of garlic, olive oil, butter and other spices.  I got the recipe here.

Ingredients:

- 1 1/2 lbs of beef sirloin or tenderloin (better if organic)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 5 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce

Directions:

Pepper, Oyster Sauce, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Worcestershire Sauce and Paprika. Ooops! I forgot to include the 1/2 stick of  Anchor butter in this photo.
1 1/2 lbs of beef tenderloin
1 clove of garlic, ready for mincing
1 tsp salt
Combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, pepper, salt with the beef. Marinate for a couple of hours.
Saute the beef in very hot oil. Keep stirring until beef chunks are browned evenly. Then add the worcestershire sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for a few more seconds then add the butter last.
Note: Cooking time should be 10 minutes or less to keep the beef tender.
Voila! It's now ready to be served together with steamed rice and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

I hope my friend's family liked it. This dish is certainly made from the heart. <3

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...